Monetary Policy and Research Department is seeking an
to the Bank of Finland Institute for Economies in Transition (BOFIT). The post is fixed-term until December 31, 2015.
We are seeking a capable person with
- experience in research and modelling economic phenomena
- preferably doctoral degree in economics or finance
- willingness to analyze emerging markets, especially China
- ability to work well with others but also capable of independent research
- very good command of written and spoken English; knowledge of Finnish, Chinese or Russian is an asset.
We are seeking an economist who will
- participate in research projects related to economic policies of large emerging markets
- participate in the short-term monitoring and analysis
- prepare analytical reports for different audiences.
We offer challenging and independent tasks in a dynamic and intellectually stimulating environment.
Remuneration and other benefits are based on the Bank of Finland’s remuneration policy. The exact duties of the economist will be agreed upon depending on the person's experience and skills. We aim to fill the position as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Head of BOFIT, Mr Iikka Korhonen, +358-10-8312272, iikka.korhonen(at)bof.fi.
Apply by 13 April 2014.